Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Handmade Holidays - Peanuts Edition

Every Christmas I try to hand make all of my gifts.  This can be very time consuming so I try to start early for the next year.  When I saw a post detailing how to make the Peanuts charactors into Christmas ornaments I jumped on it.  Here is a link to the inspiration: http://alittlegray.blogspot.com/2012/11/charlie-brown-christmas-ornaments.html

I printed the pattern and cut out the pieces in the correct felt colors.  I stitched the various pieces on.  Next is the faces.  The original poster had embroidered the faces on.  The felt I was using was pulling too much so I decided to draw them on using a permanent marker.  I used the pattern pieces as a guide and traced the shapes on, going over them twice. 

I was going to stitch around as the original poster did but instead thought that they would look nice stuffed.  I did a blanket stitch around the outside to stitch the pieces together and stuffed them slightly with fiberfill.  I then realized that I forgot to add something to hang them with!  I added ribbon through the top and plan to hang them with wire hangers.

I think they turned out very nice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment