Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines

So we all have seen the valentine that is a picture with an outstretched hand holding a real object like a sucker or a pencil.  It is all over Pinterest.  I decided to try my hand at it this year for my son.  Normally when I have inspiration for an idea I would like to post a link to my inspiration.  However, this has been done so many times that I do not know the original inspiration!  


So first, the cheezy picture.  I will spare you all of my photos.  The boy wasn't really understanding what we were doing and I found it hard to explain to him (finally a picture helped).  I suggest having the hand out at an angle so the object in the hand isn't covering the face.  I printed 2 per 4x6, so 15 prints. Cost me only $2. 

Next came what he is holding in his hand.  I chose to have him hold a pencil because I think the kids will have enough candy.  Thankfully I found 12 packs at the Dollar Tree, so I picked up 3 packs.  $3.


Next, cut the prints apart (if you need to - I used scissors for this step).  Next, I pulled out my self-healing mat and exacto knife.   I made a cut above and below the outstretched hand.  I had to have the park go farther than I thought I would need to, so be sure that the item fits well in the cuts. 

 Insert the pencil and admire your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment