Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Water Bottle Bag

This post is based off of Pretty Shabby Ulc's Water Bottle Tote Bag post.  I saw the post and thought that it would make a nice gift that is easy to make. 


I cut out my material according to the original poster's dimensions (no patterns to download for this) 






Sew the large piece in half to create the place where the water bottle will be in
Sew the strips in half, right sides together. 
Turn the straps right side out.  I use a tool that looks like a hollow tube and a chopstick.
I also top stitched along the sides of the straps to make it look more finished.
Pin the bottom circle onto the large tube (the main bag piece)
Sew the circle onto the bottom of the bag.  Next, trim around the edges to loosen the bulk.
Fold the top hem down,

When adding the handles, I like to pin the tops of the handles into place so the straps do not tangle and become crooked in the final project.
Pin the straps to the bag with the seams to the inside for a more polished look.

Top stitch around the bag.  I stitch at the top and the bottom of where the handles align for more support.
Now enjoy your finished bag!
I made several of these in an hour.  They are great to give as gifts to people who carry water bottles around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment